Last Updated on July 11, 2021
There are a variety of trampolines, such as round, rectangular or square, elliptical, hexagonal or octagonal, and so on. There are many other shapes around, but these shapes are the most popular. So, how to measure a trampoline? Well, to measure a trampoline, you need to know first which shape it is.
To find a trampoline’s diameter in feet, you need to measure across the steel from one frame’s outer edge to the opposite outer edge. The ideal approach to measuring a trampoline is to imagine it as a clock from a top-down perspective and take two measures, one from 12 to 6 o’clock and the other from 3 to 9 o’clock. The trampoline frame’s appropriate size will be determined by the average of these two measurements. The measurement of the trampoline can vary from one shape to another.
How to Measure a Trampoline
How to Measure a Round Trampolines
- First of all, count from one side of the trampoline’s frame straight down to the middle of the other side with the measurement tape.
- Measure the diameter again vertically.
- Make sure that the measurement tape goes through the center of the trampoline every time you count the diameter; otherwise, you won’t get an exact measurement.
- Then take the sum of the two measurements to get the appropriate trampoline size.
- Exclude the v-rings for the springs and measure the diameter of the fabric of the mat.
- Measure the length of the springs separately.
- The number of springs will not be counted.
How to Measure a Rectangular or Square Trampolines
- Rectangular or square trampolines are quite easy to count. Simply measure the mat’s length.
- Measure the width of the mat.
- Count the number of springs along the length.
- Also, count the number of springs along the width.
How to Measure an Oval or Elliptical Trampolines
- Measuring the elliptical trampolines is quite confusing because of their shape. Measure carefully the frame of the trampoline, which is taken by measuring the longest width of the long side.
- Measure the longest width of the short side as before.
- The actual measurement of the mat needs to be measured in the same way.
- Enumerate the length of the springs.
- And also enumerate the number of springs.
How to Measure a Hexagonal or Octagonal Trampolines
- Hexagonal or octagonal trampolines are measured from either of their sides. The frame must be measured diagonally across to the frame’s opposite corner.
- The frame will have to be measured from corner to corner.
- To be confident of the outcome, measure from another corner in the same way.
- The mat will be measured in the same way, starting at one of the flat sides and ending on the opposite side.
- Count the length of the springs as usual.
- And, count the number of the springs.
How to Measure Other Shaped Trampolines
Most trampoline measurement systems are the same, by the way. Some of the basic measurements are different for their shapes. So, we have given the measurement system of the most popular shapes of the trampoline. The rest of the shapes are all the same in the measurement systems.
In the meantime, you must measure the trampoline’s length from one side of its frame straight down to the middle of the other side. And find the width of the frame from the outside of one side and to the outside of the opposite side. After that, just to be sure, measure the other side in the same way.
How to Measure Trampoline’s Springs
This is another simple measurement that will not take you long in the least. First, measure the length of the spring, beginning from one hook end to the other. Next, you have to count how many springs there are!
When determining the size of the spring, it is best to measure three springs because your calculations are consistent. By sliding a piece of printing paper over the spring coils, you can see if they are stretched or if they are stretched too much, which will eventually lead to erroneous mat measurements.
How to Measure a Trampoline’s Net
It’s crucial to measure the frame’s diameter before purchasing a trampoline net. The amount of poles or arches utilized for the trampoline is something else to consider. You’ll need all the round trampolines you can get for good impacts.
For other sizes, you need to measure the circumference of the trampoline instead of the diameter. And you need to identify the style of the enclosure system, measurement of the diameter of the steel frame, and count the number of enclosure poles or arches.
Trampoline is one of the most enjoyable sports equipment. It stands in a very subtle way. People can be fatally injured if any parts of it are damaged or fail to maintain balance. As a result, measuring each component of a trampoline is as important as using it. So, take an accurate measurement of your favorite trampoline and enjoy it with enthusiasm.
Noah is a family guy who loves to hang out with friends and family whenever he finds some time and space. Enjoying a trampoline time is one of his favorites form of recreation. Life is beautiful for Noah!